Without consistent face-to-face interactions, employees have been forced to change the way they communicate while working. Here are some resources that can help you to continue to engage in effective communication.
- MIT Sloan: Five Ways to Improve Communication in Virtual Teams
- Harvard Business Review: Ten Digitial Miscommunications – and How to Avoid Them
- Harvard Corporate Learning: How to Communicate in a Crisis
- Inc.: Five Ways to Communicate With a Virtual Workforce
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business: What Should You Say? Leadership Communication During the Coronavirus Pandemic
With work more distributed than ever before, organizations are increasingly relying on technology to execute critical business functions. Here are some resources that can help you to get the most out of your technology.
- Denison: Five Zoom Tips for Facilitating More Engaging Virtual Sessions
- Forbes: Is COVID-19 Forcing Your Digital Transformation? 12 Steps To Move Faster
- Forbes: A Work From Home Toolkit
- UNC Charlotte: Tips for Hosting Effective Virtual Meetings
- Harvard Business Review: Virtual Meetings Don’t Have to Be a Bore
- Harvard Business Review: How to Get People to Actually Participate in Virtual Meetings
- Harvard Business Review: Ten Digital Miscommunications – and How to Avoid Them
- Entrepreneur: Four Tips for Keeping Your Data Secure While Everyone Works From Home
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is necessary to prioritize the physical health of employees but it is also important to support their mental health. Here are some resources that can help you to support a healthy workforce.
- Harvard Business Review: Three Tips to Avoid WFH Burnout
- Harvard Business Review: Your Employee Tested Positive for Covid-19. What Do You Do?
- Fast Company: How to maintain your mental health while working from home
- Fast Company: How companies can support their employee caregivers during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Gallup: How to Keep Remote Worker Well-being High
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Tips for Reducing Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Industry Week: 12 Key Strategies to Achieving A Work-Life Balance
- Business News Daily: How to Improve Your Work-Life Balance Daily
- Fingerprint for Success: 50 Tips to Find Work-Life Balance in the Age of Remote Work
- Ezra: Remote Working & Mental Health: A Young Professional’s Guide
Beyond focusing on their own employees, it is critical for organizations to continue to communicate and provide support to their customers. Here are some resources that can help you to continue to focus on the experience of your customers.
- US Chamber of Commerce: Staying Connected With Customers Through the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Harvard Business Review: Ensure That Your Customer Relationships Outlast Coronavirus
- Harvard Business Review: Supporting Customer Service Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Deloitte: Maintaining customer loyalty and trust during times of uncertainty
- Business Insider: Three Ways your business can help the community during the coronavirus pandemic
With the transition to the virtual workplace, teams are facing new challenges in their efforts to coordinate and provide support to their members. Here are some resources that can help team member stay connected with one another.
- Denison: Managing Telework in the Age of COVID-19
- Denison: Building Virtual Teams
- Harvard Business Review: Making Virtual Teams Work – Ten Basic Principles
- Harvard Business Review: How to Collaborate Effectively If Your Team Is Remote
- Harvard Business Review: What Your Coworkers Need Right Now Is Compassion
- Forbes: Your Team Is Now Working Remotely – 5 Ways To Strengthen Communication And Team Cohesion In The COVID-19 World
Leaders play a critical role in helping their organizations navigate times of crisis and uncertainty. Here are some resources that can help managers and leaders continue to be effective during crisis.
- Denison: Motivate Your People With a Clear Strategy & Achievable Goals
- Harvard Business Review: Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Harvard Business Review: Social Distancing Doesn’t Have to Disrupt Mentorship
- Harvard Business Review: Are You Leading Through the Crisis… or Managing the Response?
- Harvard Business Review: How to Be an Inclusive Leader Through a Crisis
- US Chamber of Commerce: Managing From Home? Here’s How to Keep Your Team Engaged During Coronavirus
- Center for Creative Leadership: Best Practices for Leading Virtual Teams
- Deloitte: Leading Virtual Teams – Best Practice Insights
- Korn Ferry: Leadership in an Outbreak
- University of Pittsburgh: Supervisor Tips & Tools for Motivating Remote Staff to Stay Engaged and Productive
- Business 2 Community: 6 Tools You Need to Manage Your Remote Teams
- American Psychological Association: How Leaders Can Maximize Trust and Minimize Stress During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- McKinsey & Company: Applying Past Leadership Lessons to the Coronavirus Pandemic
Maintaining work productivity can be extremely difficult during a crisis that presents organizations with an increasing number of demands. Here are some resources that can help you to continue to get the most out of your work.
- Forbes: 9 Tips To Be Productive When Working At Home During COVID-19
- Inc.: 8 Tips for Staying Productive While Working From Home
- Entrepreneur: Popular Time-Blocking or Time-Management Techniques You Can Use While Working Remotely
- Entrepreneur: 4 Ways to Turn Uncertainty into Strength for Your Business
- Fast Company: How to Stay Productive When You Work Remotely
- The Muse: 7 Essential Tips for Working From Home During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- NovoResume: The 2021 Complete Guide to Remote Work (w/ Tips & Tricks)
- Cotswold Co.: Working From Home: A Guide to Creating a Healthy and Productive Workspace
With employees facing so much uncertainty in their work, it is important for organizations to ensure that their employees feel taken care of. Here are some resources that can help organizations to support their employees during this difficult time.
- Harvard Business Review: How to Manage Coronavirus Layoffs with Compassion
- SHRM: How can we reassure employees who are worried about the coronavirus?
- HR Technologist: 3 Ways to Show Commitment to Employees During COVID-19
- Forbes: Navigating The New Normal – Addressing Employee Experience During COVID-19
- Forbes: Company Survival Guide To Care For Staff During The Coronavirus pandemic
- Inc.: How to Manage Salaries During Covid-19
- Go-to-Meeting: Evolving Employee Relationships in Today’s Flexible Work Environment
Speakers: Dr. Dan Denison, Dr. Vicki Brown (US Dept. of the Interior), and Dr. Rhonda Jones (US EPA)
Speakers: Dr. Dan Denison, Margaret Gorman, Nellie Stansbury
Speakers: Dr. Dan Denison, Margaret Gorman, Nellie Stansbury